HOW TO GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS NATURALLY
Stretch marks are ugly lines on the body and they make you feel self-conscious about your appearance.
These marks appear as streaks on the skin with an off-color hue. They are formed when there is a rapid stretching of the skin. They are found on different areas of the body like the waist, abdomen, thighs, buttocks, lower back, upper arm, hips and breasts. Where large amounts of fat are deposited on the body, there you can find stretch marks.
They appear on the body as a result of changes going on in the body such as hormonal changes associated with pregnancy, rapid weight gain or weight loss, rapid growth, heredity, muscle building, genetic disorders, stress, use of some types of medications and as a result of some type of diseases.
What causes stretch marks to form?
When the connective tissue stretches past its flexibility power as a result of swift expansion and contraction of the skin, stretch marks start to form on the middle layer of the skin known as the as dermis. With this stretch in the skin, the collagen becomes weak and then causes an interruption in its normal production cycle leading to its damage. This leads to the formation of scars beneath the skin. At the initial stage, the scar lines appear pinkish or reddish, but after sometime, it turns into a silvery looking line which is called a stretch mark.
Natural means of reducing stretch marks
Stretch marks can be reduced naturally using the following methods:
1. Aloe Vera is a plant that has a lot of healing properties when used on the skin. It is considered to be the most effective plant for treating a lot of skin problems including stretch marks. Apply it directly on the areas where stretch marks appear on your skin. Wait for some minutes before washing the area with lukewarm water. It can be used daily.
2. Castor oil is good for a host of skin problems and also prevents skin from ageing prematurely as well by restoring youthfulness back to it. For treating stretch marks with castor oil, apply it directly to the marks and rub in a circular motion for 5-10 minutes. Wrap the place with a thin cotton cloth and apply heat from a heating pad or a hot water bottle for about 30 minutes before removing it. Use it daily for a month to see the results. Castor oil can also be added to the cream you use for your body to help with other skin problems.
3. Lemon or Lime Juice has acidic properties and can be used to get rid of stretch marks. Rub the fresh juice of lemon or lime to the affected areas and wait for 5-15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Rub any natural oil or butter to the area afterwards as lemon and lime dries the skin out.
4. White or brown sugar can be used to exfoliate the skin where stretch marks are found. Mix the sugar with olive oil and a bit of lemon juice and use it to scrub the area. It should be used on the skin 3 times a week as too much exfoliating can damage the skin.
5. Natural butters like cocoa butter and shea butter are good for the skin and are useful for reducing stretch marks. Rub on the skin daily for best results.
6. Olive oil is good for treating skin problems because it is rich in antioxidants and nutrients. Warm your olive oil and rub it on the affected area daily.
7. Water is good for keeping the skin supple and hydrated; in the process it reduces your stretch marks. Aim to drink at least 8 cups of water or more daily. This will help in detoxification and restore elasticity to the skin
Try some of the natural methods listed to discover which one works best for you as what works for one person might be different from what works for another.
How To Lose Weight Without Exercise(Views: 5,743)
To stay in shape, you should not sit idly by. Active during the day, combined with a low calorie diet is the most effective way to lose weight. But not many people can afford to tr...
Nopalea Juice Drink - How Good Is It?(Views: 3,925)
Nopalea is one of the so called natural juices that is currently creating buzz across the world. The drink consists of water, strawberry, cranberry extracts, ananas comosus, papain...
Sex as an exercise(Views: 5,270)
Actively engaging in sex is a necessity to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It may not be your traditional weight training, or swimming class, but sex is not just for procreation o...