MUSCLE BUILDING DIET PLAN FOR MEN
If your muscle building diet plan is not in the way it should be, exercise plan will not succeed regardless of how it is accomplished.
This isn't an overstatement. You can practice the best training program in the world and reach positive results if you do not eat properly.
It is important to realize that in order to achieve good results, your diet is as essential as your training schedule.
So you have to create the best diet routine that will be the most excellent for you.
Here is a small guide how to make it.
Step 1: Caloric intake
The wildly known recommendations for caloric intake are:
- When your main goal is fat loss, you must create a deficit of caloric about 20% less than your daily caloric intake to reduce weight.
- When your main objective is building muscles, you must create a 250 caloric surplus (for women about half) than your daily calories to gain weight.
Let's now explain.
Caloric intake for weight maintenance
Each of us needs a certain amount of calories every day to maintain the current body weight. And that's balance of energy.
There are lots of complex ways to determine your calorie intake for weight maintenance, but the fastest and easiest approach is to combine your present body weight (kg) and 14 by multiplication.
Somewhere between these two values you get your caloric intake to maintain weight.
If you are more active or suspect your metabolism is faster, you should use the high value in the range. If not, on the contrary, use a lower value.
And if you're not sure, choose the median value. Over time, fine-tune everything.
Now choose your destination.
When you want to get rid of fat
With the purpose of reducing the amount of body fat, you have to take smaller number of calories than your caloric intake to maintain weight. This will create a shortage of calories and your body begins to burn stored fat to get energy.
This means that the shortage calorie is the condition for the loss of body fat.
As we said, the most commonly suggested decrease is around 20% less than your energy balance.
For instance, if the daily caloric intake to maintain weight 2500 calories, 20% cal of 2500 comes 500. Now the remaining calories are 2000.
So, you need to take in 2000 calories for every day to begin losing fat.
When your objective is muscle building
To gain muscle mass you need to take higher number of calories than the calories you take to maintain weight. This needs caloric surplus, which provides extra calories to your body needed for muscle growth.
This caloric addition is the precondition for building muscle mass.
As mentioned above, the ideal excess caloric for most men is approximately 250 calories (female half) of the energy intake for weight maintenance.
For instance, an individual with energy intake to maintain weight on 2500 calories a day, he must take extra 250 calories and will get 2,750 calories for every day needed for optimal muscle growth.
How to make sure that the caloric intake is right
Since your caloric intake is just an estimate, it may be slightly inaccurate. Fortunately there is an easy way to check.
Determine your weight once a week in morning before eating or drinking anything. Then just watch your weight week after week.
- If you want to lose fat, you need to cut from 0.3 kg to 1 kg for every week. It is closer to 1 kg if you are fatter or closer to 0.3 kg if you are a bit fat or something in between, when you have a moderate amount of body fat. If you lose weight more slowly than is given or not, subtract another 250 calories from your daily caloric intake. If you lose weight faster, boost your daily intake of calorie by 250 calories.
- When you pick up your muscles (or power), you should gain approximately 0.3 kg for every week (or 1 kg per month). It is half for women. If you gain weight faster, reduce your daily caloric intake by 250 calories. When gaining weight or gaining ever more slowly, increase your intake of calories by 250 calories for every day.
Basically just weigh yourself every week and ensure that your body weight is going in the exact direction in that tempo.
If everything goes fine, continue to receive the calories every day!
If not, adjust the amount of calories by 250 in the desired direction (increase or decrease) until you achieve optimal results.
Step 2: The amount of protein
The widely known recommendation for protein intake for a healthy adult who regularly trains are:
- From 0.8 to 1.5 g protein per 1 body-weight pound.
For instance, if you have 175 pounds (79 kg) weight, you should take 175 grams protein daily.
Foods high in protein include chicken, turkey, fish, egg / egg white, milk and different types of protein shakes.
Step 3: The amount of fat
Recommendations for daily intake of fat is:
- The fat should occupy 20-30% (25%) of your full daily caloric intake.
For this to seem right, 1 gram fat has 9 calories.
For instance, if your calorie intake per day is 2000 cal, calculate that 500 come by taking 25 percent of 2000. Then divide 500 with 9 (calories) and you find that you need to consume daily 55 gram fat.
Of course it would be mainly healthy fats, whose main source as fish oil, nuts, olive oil and seeds.
Step 4: The amount of carbohydrates
Recommendations for carbohydrate intake:
- All other calories that remain after deducting, the amount of fat and protein are the calories from carbohydrates.
Basically, just calculate how much calories from fat and protein you need to meet in your total daily calories come from carbohydrates.
Most carbohydrates should be received from foods such as rice, fruit and vegetables, potatoes, oatmeal, legume and whole grain.
An example of a diet plan
Let's now show the preparation of such a diet plan gradually.
Let's say you are a man weighing 79 kg, whose main goal is to build muscle. Let's also say that your caloric intake to maintain weight is 2,250 calories.
Now, how to make your diet plan?
1. Since you want to gain muscle mass, you must take additional calories. With energy intake 2,250 calories, you must now take 2500 calories for every day.
2. Then you decide to receive 1 gram protein per 1 kg body weight. Weighing 79 kilograms must accept 175 gram protein for every day. 1 gram protein has 4 calories; this means that the caloric intake of protein is 700 calories per day.
3. Did you know that 25% of your all calories should be from fat? 625 calories is 25 percent of 2500. 1 gram fat has 9 calories. 625 calories divide by 9 and you get that you have to take daily 69 gram fat.
4. Now you can see that the sum of calories from protein (700 cal) and calories from fat (625 cal) is 1,325 calories. And since you need to take 2500 calories a day, while the remaining 1,175 calories (2500-1325) will be received from carbohydrates.
5. It remains 1175 calories divided by 4 (1 gram carbohydrate has 4 calories) and you get 294. This means that you must consume around 294 gram carbohydrates daily.
And that's it. The principal part of a diet plan is ready.
In this case, you should daily take:
- 2500 calories
- 175 gram protein
- 69 g fat
- 294 g carbohydrates
I repeat that this is only an illustration of how to create a muscle building diet plan for men.
In the above example, the main objective is to build muscle mass. When we wanted to get rid of body fat, the diet plan is assembled exactly the same, with the only special step that decrease amount of calories rather than increase in first step.
All calculations remain the same.
And what about all other things?
You may wonder what the other things in your diet plan in addition to the amount of calories, proteins, fats and carbohydrates are.
It is that ... you do not have much interest.
Sincerely, everything unless all is not so important. What has been described above will have a major impact on your success or failure.
What really matters is receiving the proper calories every day, with the right fat, protein and carbohydrate amount from high-quality sources. Everything else is subordinate to it.
This means that:
- Eat at any time of day that suits you.
- Eat as much meals, how much suits you.
- Eat a combination of foods that suit you.
- Customize your diet so that you as the most acceptable, pleasant and meet you in your journey to success.
That's all that have importance. Other things are either irrelevant or are just silly myths (such as the need to eat six small meals a day).
But really, what else matters?
We can add a few types that may help:
- Drink lots of water every day.
- Shift quality food with protein and carbohydrates around your workout (before and after).
- For the most of the calories, use quality sources with good nutritional values.
- Use fish oil and vitamin supplements. As sports supplements, reach for protein drinks and you can take creatine as needed.
How To Lose Weight Without Exercise(Views: 2,994)
To stay in shape, you should not sit idly by. Active during the day, combined with a low calorie diet is the most effective way to lose weight. But not many people can afford to tr...
Sex as an exercise(Views: 3,035)
Actively engaging in sex is a necessity to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It may not be your traditional weight training, or swimming class, but sex is not just for procreation o...
Health Benefits Of Lemon(Views: 2,885)
Lemons are citrus fruits that offer a lot of nutrients and vitamins that are essential to the body. Lemons offer a lot of health benefits courtesy of its rich source of nutrients s...